- Via Waffles Cafe's Facebook page
- Yes, this exists.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About the failure of the latest round of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks? —John Dunlevy
• About the harms done by the overuse of antibiotics? —Steve Bogira
• About the creation of a new kind of cast that combines 3-D printing and ultrasound pulses? —Ben Sachs
• About the Georgia Institute of Technology study looking into what you may lose when you accept a website's terms of service? —Tony Adler
• That Disney reportedly backed out of talks to buy Buzzfeed earlier this year after the site set an asking price of over $1 billion dollars? (For perspective: last year, the Washington Post was purchased for $250 million.) —Osita Nwanevu
• About celebrations of the end of winter in Zurich, Switzerland that involve blowing up a giant snowman? (Here's a condensed video from this year.) —John Dunlevy
• About the wonut, a deep-fried miniwaffle, at Waffles Cafe? —Aimee Levitt
• About the deceased New Orleans socialite who was propped up on a sofa holding a cigarette and a champagne flute at her very Weekend at Bernie's wake? —Gwynedd Stuart