- AP Photo/Andrew Medichini
- Silvio Berlusconi shouldn't have let it all go to his head.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the city of Chicago's convicted former comptroller has been arrested on the lam in Pakistan? —Mick Dumke
• About the BASIC computer-programming language, which was first used 50 years ago tomorrow? —John Dunlevy
• That Silvio Berlusconi is about to start working with Alzheimer's patients as punishment for committing tax fraud? —Ben Sachs
• Paul Krugman's review of Capital in the Twenty-first Century, the new book by French economist Thomas Piketty explaining the economics of our "new Gilded Age?" —Tony Adler
• This chilling minute-by-minute account by a Tulsa World reporter of yesterday's botched execution in Oklahoma? —Aimee Levitt
• Jessica Hopper's long interview with DJ Rashad and DJ Spinn? —Leor Galil
• An oral history of the zine chickfactor? —John Dunlevy
• That for a mere $685,000, a Frank Lloyd Wright rowhouse in Douglas can be yours? —Aimee Levitt
• About the 32-year-old who died posting selfies (along with a Facebook status on how happy Pharrell Williams's song "Happy" made her) while driving? —Lisa Schulz
• About the Tokyo restaurant that provides stuffed Moomin toys for solo diners? —Brianna Wellen