- RONALDO SCHEMIDT/AFP/GETTY IMAGES
- The Mexican navy arresting Sinaloa cartel leader El Chapo Guzman.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Bruce Rauner, who clouted his daughter into Payton Prep, says Pat Quinn is corrupt and engages in cronyism? —Steve Bogira
• About how Chapo Guzman was finally captured? —Mick Dumke
• That the armed reactionaries and conspiracists encamped around Cliven Bundy's ranch have started fighting among themselves? —Tony Adler
• Bill Simmons on three decades of Donald Sterling's incompetence? —Tal Rosenberg
• That DJ Rashad died because of a blood clot in his leg? —Leor Galil
• That for a mere $350,000, the Mutiny can be all yours? —Aimee Levitt
• About the Basic Automatic B.S. Essay Language Generator, Babel, designed to fool essay-grading software? —John Dunlevy
• About who the biggest hacks are when it comes to movie reviews, based on data from Metacritic? (Guess who's one of just three critics judged "safe bets"? A clue: he's our film editor.) —Kate Schmidt
• New research that says authors who use their middle initials increase "the evaluation of their writing performance" and perceptions of their "intellectual heft"? —Osita D. Nwanevu
• About Peter Parker and Clark Kent's questionable journalistic ethics? —Brianna Wellen