- SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty Images
- It looks delicious, but where did it come from?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About Alexander Imich, a 111 1/4-year-old scholar of the occult who is currently the world's oldest man? —Aimee Levitt
• About a grassroots movement in a conservative Louisiana community to pay more taxes? (The people involved "believe that some things are more important to conserve than a lower tax rate, and that if you want something good, you have to pay for it," Rod Dreher writes in the American Conservative.) —Steve Bogira
• About crowdsourcing platforms and labor issues? —Drew Hunt
• About the Texas academic who's preaching climate change science to evangelicals? —Tony Adler
• That Gerry Adams, who helped broker peace in Northern Ireland, was questioned by police for four days about a 1972 murder by the IRA? —Mick Dumke
• About Gino Battaglia, the guy who owns the property on all four corners of the intersection of California Avenue and Augusta Boulevard in Humboldt Park? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the history of barbecue? —Aimee Levitt
• About the battle between dog owners and bird watchers in Brooklyn's Prospect Park? —Drew Hunt
• About the hair-hanging accident in Rhode Island? —Ben Sachs