- AP Photo/Ryan Remiorz
- Let your heart go on.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About the ongoing court battle over the city of Chicago's widely varying response times to 911 calls? —Mick Dumke
• That complaints about government bodies opening their sessions with sectarian prayers are "petty, peevish and inconsequential"? —Deanna Isaacs
• About the increasingly upscale market for vaporizers? —Mick Dumke
• About Chicago's last tannery, the almost century-old Horween Leather Company? —Jessica Cohn
• How the great Laura Miller has given Jennifer Weiner what she's been demanding: a close reading and review of her work? —Aimee Levitt
• Jonathan Abrams's compelling and suspenseful oral history of the controversial and suspenseful 2002 NBA Western Conference Finals between the L.A. Lakers and the Sacramento Kings? —Tal Rosenberg
• That Andre Agassi hailed Rafael Nadal, not Roger Federer, as the greatest tennis player of all-time? —Tal Rosenberg
• About learning to respect Celine Dion and the people who like her? —Aimee Levitt
• This year's predictably insane University of Chicago Scavenger Hunt list, which features lasers, cannon fire, and "a pair of boots that lift the wearer half a foot when the straps are pulled"? —Osita D. Nwanevu
• Or see this photo essay on a day in the life of Atlanta rapper Rich Homie Quan by Reader freelancer Ryan Lowry? —Leor Galil