- Portrait Gallery of the Perry—Castañeda Library of the University of Texas at Austin/Wikimedia Commons
- Jane Austen read the comments.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That there is now exactly one state with a same-sex marriage ban that hasn't been challenged in court? —Mick Dumke
• Adam Gopnik on clear language and mass shootings? —Tal Rosenberg
• That since 2010 the number of military veterans employed by the CTA has doubled? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the game of thrones among Silicon Valley laundry start-ups? —Aimee Levitt
• About the radar system that catches oyster poachers? —Mike Sula
• About the dangers of mixing church and sausage at the World's Largest Brat Fest in Madison? —Steve Bogira
• About how Jane Austen read the comments—and took notes? —Aimee Levitt
• That Billboard launched its Twitter Real-Time charts this morning? —Leor Galil