- Tina Johansson/Sun-Times Media
- Here's a picture of a burrito.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Judge Richard Posner and his Seventh Circuit panelmates booted defense lawyers and the media out of a hearing yesterday in a case concerning alleged terrorism? (Two dozen prosecutors and government agents were allowed to remain in the courtroom.) —Steve Bogira
• That a group of journalists in Egypt could face as much as 25 years in prison for "spreading false news"? —Mick Dumke
• About the grisly discovery at a former Irish home for unwed mothers? —Drew Hunt
• That, apparently with a straight face, the Secret Service is soliciting quotes for software that will detect sarcasm on social media? —Tony Adler
• About why people favorite tweets? —Brianna Wellen
• That millennials may yet turn out OK, narcissism-wise? —Tony Adler
• About the future of soccer, i.e. the youngest players who are appearing in this year's World Cup? —Tal Rosenberg
• That Nate Silver has launched the national follow-up to his Wicker Park Burrito Bracket? —Mike Sula