- "Hey, Blondie! You know what you are?! Just a dirty son of a . . ."
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About "nipsters," Germany's hipster neo-Nazis? —Aimee Levitt
• About Missouri French, a dialect that is on the verge of extinction? —Aimee Levitt
• About the Bolsheviks' secret "pornographic treasure trove"? —Ben Sachs
• Sox manager Robin Ventura marveling over his phenomenal rookie slugger, Jose Abreu? ("When he hits the ball . . . you think it's going to start coming down, and it doesn't come down.") —Steve Bogira
• Vanity Fair's tribute to the late and ever-great Eli Wallach? —Lucy Wang
• About "the brilliant, unusual, and unnerving style of" comedian Nathan Fielder? —Tal Rosenberg
• That David Mamet put a stop to a production of his Oleanna because the director changed the gender of one of the characters? —Tony Adler