- Ghostbusters: Now all women!
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• Michael Specter on the threat of viruses, seen and unseen? —Steve Bogira
• John Lanchester on the language of the finance industry? —Tal Rosenberg
• How NFL cheerleaders represent the problem of wage stagnation in the United States? —Mick Dumke
• That, according to a study by the British Theatre Consortium, only a little over a third of theatergoers consult reviews or media coverage of the shows they see? —Tony Adler
• That the Indian Parliament has hired 40 professional monkey impersonators to scare off the rhesus macaques that regularly break into government buildings? —Ben Sachs
• The New Yorker's Rebecca Mead responding to Ira Glass's "Shakespeare sucks" tweet? —Tony Adler
• About the all-female Ghostbusters reboot? —Brianna Wellen
• About how two stoned college students created a Wikipedia hoax about the origins of the children's book character Amelia Bedelia? (It's been five years, and it's still being cited as fact.) —Aimee Levitt