- John J. Kim/Sun-Times
- CTA riders on the Damen Blue Line platform; the stop will be closed for two months leading up to the holidays.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the Damen Blue Line station is going to be closed for two months leading up to the holidays? (MERRY CHRISTMAS.) —Gwynedd Stuart
• That Bernie Sanders, the only avowed socialist in the U.S. Senate, is mulling a run for president? —Mick Dumke
• That we should be napping? —Steve Bogira
• That Tony Stewart hit a fellow race-car driver? —Gwynedd Stuart
• About how advertisers used World War I to sell their products? —Aimee Levitt
• About John R. MacArthur, the publisher of Harper's, and his refusal to kowtow to the web? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the Brazilian man who seeks to own all the music in the world and buys up vinyl collections—many that contain thousands of records, some that contain millions—to store in a 25,000-square-foot warehouse? —Kevin Warwick