- AP Photo/Fox Broacasting Co.
- Even Thomas Pynchon's a fan.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That China has finally come around on climate change? —Drew Hunt
• About this morning's protest at 87th and State by fast food workers seeking an hourly minimum of $15? —Steve Bogira
• About the "side-boob challenge" honoring murdered journalists James Foley and Steve Sotloff? —Tony Adler
• That George Clooney will direct a drama about the News of the World phone-hacking scandal? —J.R. Jones
• That The Simpsons marathon raised FXX's viewership by 500 percent? —Brianna Wellen
• That Thomas Pynchon edited his dialogue for his appearances on The Simpsons so as not to speak ill of Homer? —Aimee Levitt
• Harvard Lampoon's Huffington Psst? —Brianna Wellen
• This lengthy defense of Empire Records? —Tal Rosenberg
• About Japanese pop-metal outfit Babymetal? —Leor Galil