Street View is a fashion series in which Isa Giallorenzo spotlights some of the coolest styles seen in Chicago.
At times it was tough: there was mud everywhere and I couldn't find my friends. I mean, all those stages starting with the letter R really played tricks on my semisenile brain: Rebel, Riot, Roots—where the heck are you? I can't hear yooouuu! And also the double landmarks; after not being able to find a second group of friends "by the Ferris wheel" I started to take it personally. Little did I know there were two of them . . .
Anyway, yes,Riot Fest had its unpleasant moments, but it was superfun and sartorially peculiar, what with all those punks walking around like it's 1979. I was definitely tempted to ask some if I could touch their spiky hair, but most didn't seem terribly welcoming—I guess it's part of the look. But the crowd was comprised of other friendlier rock tribes, including steampunks, brilliantly illustrated by Jacob, pictured above. His attention to detail is really impressive, and the muddy pants ended up adding even more "steam" to the "punk".
See more of Jacob's outfit and plenty of other stylish Rioters below.
- Jacob sports the cutest skull ever.
- Allison rocks the indie look.
- Savannah expertly mixes a military jacket with supergirlie apparel.
- This girl has flair to spare!
- Loving Claire's grungy/boho vibe
- Guy makes a bear coat look totally casual.
- Burlesque performer Moxie Rhodes hangs out after her gig.
- Two words: Rock. Royalty. Angela and Carys came running out of the VIP area to enjoy the Patti Smith show amongst us commoners.
- Angela's fab pointy oxfords/creepers weren't even muddy!
- Zachary looks like an explorer in some magical forest—which Humboldt Park kinda was last weekend . . .
See more Chicago street style in the Chicago Looks