- Courtesy Wikimedia Commons
- S. Robson Walton, like his siblings, has way more money than any one person needs and doesn't like sharing.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• Michael Eric Dyson on corporal punishment in black families and its connections with slavery? ("Beating children has been a depressingly familiar habit in black families since our arrival in the New World.") —Steve Bogira
• About the Kickstarter for Meow the Jewels, a remix of El-P and Killer Mike's next Run the Jewels album made up of cat samples? —Leor Galil
• Or see this series of charts that show how the UK would fare without Scotland? —Aimee Levitt
• About Chicago's "dirtiest cop"? —Tony Adler
• About Michael Chabon's short career as the front man of a punk band? (Their demo and a live recording have just been rereleased by a small label in Pittsburgh.) —Aimee Levitt
• That the Pentagon has been giving surplus military supplies to U.S. school districts? —Ben Sachs
• That Darrell Hammond is SNL's new announcer? —Brianna Wellen
• That not only are the Walmart heirs the least charitable American billionaires, they're also less charitable than the average American? —Drew Hunt
• About how Scottish independence would affect Scotch whisky? —Brianna Wellen