- Meredith Graves addresses gender issues in music.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That planting trees sometimes increases global warming? —Steve Bogira
• That Sheldon Patinkin—whose achievements include but are hardly limited to helping invent Chicago-style improvisation and the off-Loop theater movement—has died? —Tony Adler
• That we may be living in the "Golden Age" of design. —Molly Raskin
• That the USDA is trying to buy submachine guns? —Mike Sula
• That, according to a new study, people spoil TV shows as a show of power? —Brianna Wellen
• Meredith Graves's Soundscape talk on the gender authenticity gap in music. —Molly Raskin
• This thorough timeline of the Ray Rice debacle and botched investigation? —Kevin Warwick
• About the misguided New York Times review of the new show How to Get Away With Murder that characterized Shonda Rimes as an "angry black woman"? —Aimee Levitt
• About the Alaska TV reporter who said "fuck it" so she could focus more energy on the fight to legalize grass? —Gwynedd Stuart
• About Columbia University student Emma Sulkowicz's performance art piece that protests the way sexual assault is handled on campus? —Aimee Levitt