- AP Photo/Universal Pictures, Atsushi Nishijima
- This guy's characters have killed a lot of people in a lot of different places.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About which American cities will be safest on a warmer planet? —Tal Rosenberg
• That more nonwhite Americans than white ones say global warming should be a top priority? —Steve Bogira
• That the Finkl steel plant in Lincoln Park will be demolished? —Tal Rosenberg
• This profile of Bard College president Leon Botstein? (Bard is my alma mater and Botstein taught my freshman seminar.) —Tal Rosenberg
• About the history of secret messages, which includes not only alum and lemon juice, but also semen and dormouse guts? —Aimee Levitt
• About charges of directorial plagiarism leveled against a Bay Area theater artist whose current version of The Glass Menagerie looks an awful lot the one that originated at Chicago's Mary-Arrchie Theatre two years ago? —Tony Adler
• About the Moken, the "sea gypsies" of Thailand? —Aimee Levitt
• About the filming of the Hot Doug's movie? —Brianna Wellen
• This map of all the places where Liam Neeson has killed someone? (In the movies, of course.) —Brianna Wellen