- Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
- What a difference a week makes.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the official autopsy on Michael Brown shows he was shot in the hand at close range? (This would support the account of officer Darren Wilson that there was "a significant altercation at the car,” according to the Saint Louis medical examiner.) —Steve Bogira
• That the Oregon state government now offers puberty-suppressing drugs to transgender youth via Medicaid? —Drew Hunt
• About Jose Lopez, the Puerto Rican community activist who wants to stop the gentrification of Humboldt Park? —Aimee Levitt
• About the NFL's response—or lack thereof—to players' wives who say they've been physically abused by their husbands? —Aimee Levitt
• About the partial solar eclipse tomorrow? —Paul John Higgins
• That Small Bar Division is closing—and Michael Kiser's "exit interview of sorts" with owner Phil McFarland? —John Dunlevy
• That Frank Sivero, an actor who played a minor but recognizable part in Goodfellas, is suing The Simpsons for ripping off his character? —Kevin Warwick
• The local history of the hat worn by the New York Knicks' Iman Shumpert? —Leor Galil
• About the lovesick Chinese woman who spent a week in a KFC eating fried chicken? —Gwynedd Stuart
• About the man who smuggles Trader Joe's treats into Canada? —Molly Raskin