Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That four Blackwater security guards have been convicted for a 2007 massacre of civilians in Iraq? —John Dunlevy
• About the peace deal in south Sudan? —Ben Sachs
• About the grassroots union organizers who are bringing some energy back to Israel's demoralized, ineffectual Left? —Tony Adler
• Mark Brown on Bruce Rauner's purist take on capitalism—"a free enterprise system with no floor for the weak and no ceiling for the strong"? —Steve Bogira
• That rents in Chicago are the highest they've been in three years, but still lower than major coastal cities? —Tal Rosenberg
• That conservatives tend to only have conservative Facebook friends, but liberals are more likely to unfriend someone over politics? —Mick Dumke