- AP Photo/Don Ryan
- Welcome to the world of weed.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That marijuana has been legalized in two more states—Oregon and Alaska? —Mick Dumke
• That the Republican takeover of the Senate will almost certainly put a climate-change denier in charge of the committee on the environment? —Kate Schmidt
• That our first visit from the polar vortex is next week? —Drew Hunt
• About the Australian bat hospital? —Aimee Levitt
• That AC/DC's drummer Phil Rudd has been charged with attempting to procure a murder? —Luca Cimarusti
• That Chicago rapper Lil Durk has been charged with weapons violations? —Leor Galil
• About Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey and its towering influence on all sci-fi films? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the science of Interstellar as evaluated by a real-world astrophysicist? —Kate Schmidt
• This oral history of Sports Night? —Brianna Wellen
• Mara Wilson on her blazing hatred for Gary Jules's rendition of "Mad World"? —Aimee Levitt