- AP Photo/Eduardo Verdugo
- And now for the most important news of the day . . .
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About AURORAGOLD, the NSA's elaborate project for hacking cell phone networks worldwide? —Tal Rosenberg
• That abusive treatment of young men of color has been "carved into the culture of law enforcement over decades," according to a retired NYPD captain? —Steve Bogira
• About the mixed message of the #CrimingWhileWhite hashtag? —Mick Dumke
• About the clearing of "the Jungle" homeless camp in Silicon Valley? —John Dunlevy
• About today's mass resignation at the New Republic? —Megan Thielking
• About Joe Moglia, who went from college football coaching to making a killing as a corporate exec before returning to college football coaching? (The NYT story, however, didn't live up to the promise of its earlier headline: "Trading Fiance for Football Results in Substantial Gains".) —Steve Bogira
• In honor of the holiday season, this unsteady history of drunkenness? —Aimee Levitt
• About the important stuff, like Miley Cyrus's spangled pasties, at Art Basel Miami Beach? —Deanna Isaacs