- Koichi Kamoshida/Getty Images
- What you want is a Coke.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About the military-cotton complex? —Steve Bogira
• About how inner-ring "suburbs that seem to be falling victim to quick decline (and the subsequent racial divides) are the ones that had most of their housing built between the end of World War II and 1959"? —John Dunlevy
• That some scientists now believe depression is caused by inflammation (courtesy if the immune system) rather than chemical imbalances in the brain? —Aimee Levitt
• About Coke, "the Forrest Gump of the 20th-century economy"? —Steve Bogira
• About the Chicago Internet entrepreneur who specializes in making content go viral? —Mick Dumke
• About the death of postmodernism and the rise of autofiction? (And does that mean we're going to have to read a lot more writers writing about themselves and their thrilling lives?) —Aimee Levitt
• The future of TV credits? —Sue Kwong
• About singer-musician and Animal Collective member Panda Bear's life in Portugal and how the country has influenced his music? —Tal Rosenberg