- Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
- "We're going to need a bigger envelope."
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That 12 people were killed at the offices of a satirical newspaper in Paris? —Gwynedd Stuart
• That the wife of the mayor of Iguala, Mexico, has been arrested for allegedly organizing the abuction—and presumed murder—of 43 student protesters last fall? —Mick Dumke
• That Illinois regulators have revoked the license of a currency exchange in Little Village, following a ProPublica investigation of Chicago temp agencies and labor brokers? (The investigation revealed a growing number of "temp towns" in the U.S.—African-American and Latino neighborhoods whose workers reported wage theft and high check-cashing fees that brought their pay below minimum wage.) —Steve Bogira
• Noah Berlatsky's interview with Ferguson-protests activist and organizer DeRay Mckesson about social media? —John Dunlevy
• About the new "Netflix for vinyl" service? —Leor Galil
• About the tragic life of Jackson C. Frank, a 60s folksinger whose one album inspired Nick Drake and Simon and Garfunkel? —Aimee Levitt
• That Joan Didion is the new face of Céline? —Brianna Wellen
• This essay by novelist and professor William Giraldi about how he found himself with "so much time" on his hands when he took paternity leave that he took to drink—and Mallory Ortberg's send-up of it? —Julia Thiel
• Ruth Reichl's advice for aspiring food critics and restaurant owners? —Aimee Levitt