- Kevin Winter/Getty Images
- Add "Golden Globe winner" to his resume.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About flashbang grenades commonly used by police and how dangerous they can be? —John Dunlevy
• About the search for Genghis Khan's tomb? —Aimee Levitt
• Leon Wieseltier on how digital culture is ruining everything? —Tal Rosenberg
• That Sasha Frere-Jones, who wrote about music for the Reader in the late 90s and early 00s, has left his longtime post as the New Yorker's pop critic to work as an "executive editor" for Genius, the website formerly known as lyrics-annotation forum Rap Genius? —Philip Montoro
• This account of Richard Pryor's infamous performance at a 1977 gay-rights fund-raiser? —Ben Sachs
• This Chicago Tribune obit for Chicago Reader writer Lee Sandlin? —Deanna Isaacs
• That Common won a Golden Globe? —Leor Galil