- Jay Gilbert/Sun-Times Media
- Watch out, that tush is a weapon!
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That thousands of unprocessed rape kits in Detroit (dating back to the 1980s) have finally been tested, and 100 serial rapists identified as a result? —Julia Thiel
• That officials in Washington state are still trying to figure out how to regulate the price of legal marijuana? —Mick Dumke
• This critique about why the New York Times won't show Muhammad? —Steve Bogira
• This devastating essay about life with female genital mutilation? —Aimee Levitt
• About anthropodermic bibliopegy, the art of binding books in human skin? —Aimee Levitt
• About the tragic case of the late English writer and poet Rosemary Tonks? —Kate Schmidt
• Or see this prophetic-as-hell 1968 TV debate between Norman Mailer and Marshall McLuhan in which McLuhan patiently explains why nature has been abolished (thanks to Reader reader Angela Tallis)? —Tony Adler
• An uptight memo from the editor in chief of Wired magazine explaining to staff the guidelines for how they should treat their new office? —Tal Rosenberg
• About "Dick Poop's" Oscar nod? —Gwynedd Stuart
• That Rick Springfield is in court over a claim that he injured a woman with his ass? —Mick Dumke