- AP Photo/Mandel Ngan
- Breaking: Obama gave a speech last night.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• How, with the aging of the incarcerated population, some nursing homes are literally prisons? —Mick Dumke
• That while the overall crime rate in the U.S. fell 45 percent between 1992 and 2012, the rate of imprisonment climbed 222 percent between 1980 and 2012? —Tal Rosenberg
• That Mayor Emanuel will submit an ordinance today to take control of 21 acres of parkland for U. of C.'s bid for the Obama library? —Gwynedd Stuart
• That the NCAA is reportedly investigating at least 19 other schools—on top of the known inquiry at North Carolina—for academic fraud? —Mick Dumke
• About the 12 best novels of the 21st century so far? —Aimee Levitt
• The glorious return of Alex Pareene, this time on how the State of the Union is garbage? —Tal Rosenberg
• Why to stop serving the compliment sandwich? —Sue Kwong
• About the 109-year-old woman who attributes her longevity to avoiding men? —Aimee Levitt
• About the 50-year-old Swedish woman who was evicted from her apartment for having loud sex? —Ben Sachs
• Or watch the first five minutes of the new Steve Brule (John C. Reilly) show Bagboy? —Gwynedd Stuart
• About the man who films half-naked models on the CTA? —Leor Galil
• About the aftermath of the story about the man who films half-naked models on the CTA? —Brianna Wellen