- AP Photo/Timothy D. Easley
- And all the girlies say he's got a pretty fly white guy (hanging on his wall).
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That punitive damages—including such things as BP's $42 billion in cleanup costs for the Deepwater Horizon spill and the $1.37 billion agreed to by Standard & Poor's this week—are deductible, putting taxpayers on the hook for substantial portions of the tab? —Kate Schmidt
• About a Supreme Court case that could have negative ramifications on public sector unions? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the New York State attorney general's investigation into labeling fraud in the herbal supplement industry? —John Dunlevy
• That U.S. Senator Thom Tillis wants to roll back government regulation of business by ending requirements that restaurant workers wash their hands? —Mick Dumke
• About "macktivism," or men using feminist rhetoric to ingratiate themselves with women before raping them? (These men use trigger warnings in the subject lines of e-mails apologizing for rape.) —Aimee Levitt
• About what happened when writer Lindy West confronted a particularly cruel troll? —Gwynedd Stuart
• About Ta-Nehisi Coates's great comments section, and how moderating comments can be so exhausting? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the portrait of a white guy in Bobby Jindal's office? —Gwynedd Stuart