- Fred Hunter/In His Image Photo
- Say it ain't so, Jackie Robinson West, say it ain't so.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Jackie Robinson West has been stripped of its title for changing its boundaries to bring in ringers? (Solid reporting by DNAinfo's Mark Konkol forced Little League International to finally do the right thing.) —Steve Bogira
• Or hear that Kenji Ekuan, who designed the iconic Kikkoman soy sauce bottle—oh, and bullet trains—has died? —Tony Adler
• That Jonathan Elmer has been appointed the new artistic director of the Chicago Humanities Festival, also known as one of the best jobs in Chicago (right up there with head of the MacArthur Foundation)? —Aimee Levitt
• About what it's like to be black and discover your grandfather was an infamous Nazi? —Julia Thiel
• About what it's like to be Joni Mitchell and discover that you are black? —J.R. Jones
• About the pet shop owner who wants us to feel bad for him because the city's new puppy mill ban is bad for his business? —Gwynedd Stuart
• That AC/DC will be playing at Wrigley Field during their "Rock or Bust" world tour? —Cassidy Ryan
• That there's a Frankie Knuckles movie in the works? —Leor Galil