- In more ways than one, Fifty Shades of Grey asks us to bow to our masters.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That while government aid for most low-income Americans has increased significantly since the 1980s, it's been shrinking for the poorest? —Steve Bogira
• This account of women's lives under ISIS in Iraq and Syria? —Ben Sachs
• About Fifty Shades of Grey's procapitalist subtext? —Drew Hunt
• These true confessions of a comma queen, the most exciting thing you will read about grammar this week? (Truly.) —Aimee Levitt
• The poetry of Richard Nixon? —Aimee Levitt
• About the Russian government's efforts to influence politics in numerous European countries? —Ben Sachs
• That Alstory Simon has just sued Northwestern University and his former defense attorney for the chain of events that put him in prison for a murder that someone else likely committed? —Mick Dumke