- Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons
- Looks pretty, right? Well, it's fuckin' loud too.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That maybe the Big Bang never happened? —Drew Hunt
• That Sao Paulo, Brazil's largest and richest city, is facing a severe water crisis? —Ben Sachs
• The Guardian's investigation into former Chicago police detective Richard Zuley and his interrogation techniques in Chicago and at Guantanamo Bay? —John Dunlevy
• That Chicago is one of the loudest places in the United States? —Mick Dumke
• How Chicago is drawing Asian investors to the Midwest? —Sue Kwong
• About whether or not Google X stole an architect's life's work? —Qudsiya Siddiqui
• About these genetically modified apples? —Drew Hunt
• That a new Dr. Seuss book will be released in July? —Brianna Wellen
• This oral history of the Upright Citizens Brigade? —Brianna Wellen
• About the guy who listened to 168 hours of Nickelback for charity? —Cassidy Ryan
• These motivational posters pairing cute, cuddly animals with depressing philosophical reflections? (Sample: "Society cares about the individual only insofar as he is profitable." —Simone de Beauvoir, illustrated by meerkats) —Kate Schmidt
• An alien's take on the Westminster Dog Show? —Aimee Levitt