- JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images
- "Everyone knows Obama is a Christian. What I'm presupposing is . . . maybe he isn't?"
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Rudy Giuliani doesn't think President Obama loves America and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn't know if Obama is a Christian? —Mick Dumke
• That rising inequality isn't mainly caused by gaps in education—it's about power? (Corporate profits are soaring, Paul Krugman points out, but "all the big gains are going to a tiny group of individuals holding strategic positions in corporate suites.") —Steve Bogira
• About the expensive jewelry-buying habit of Columba Bush, Jeb's wife, and how it could affect his presidential campaign? —Mick Dumke
• That a scientist often cited by climate-change deniers has been receiving contributions from the fossil-fuel industry? —Tal Rosenberg
• That we're on track to have the second-coldest February in Chicago history? —Tal Rosenberg
• That 11 Wesleyan students were hospitalized after overdosing on molly? —Leor Galil
• Emily Nussbaum's tribute to Joan Rivers, which explains the role sexism played in forming Rivers's comic persona? —Aimee Levitt
• That, at least according to a new book on the subject, twee is “the most powerful youth movement since Punk and Hip-Hop”? —Aimee Levitt