- Don't flush!
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• A collection of five studies that explain the rigged economics of race in America? —Tal Rosenberg
• Chuy's op-ed in the Trib explaining how he would repair Chicago's financial problems? —Tal Rosenberg
• That the most entitled generation isn't millennials? —Sue Kwong
• That 1925 was the greatest year in the history of literature? (Or maybe not. Discuss.) —Aimee Levitt
• About the beloved English fantasy novelist Sir Terry Pratchett, author of the 41-volume Discworld series, who has died at age 66, eight years after being diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's? —Kate Schmidt
• That you shouldn't flush wet wipes? —Drew Hunt
• About what a regular day looks like for Aaron Franklin, the proprietor of Austin's famous Franklin Barbecue? —Tal Rosenberg
• That there is an online competition, Women On 20s, to choose a woman to eventually replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill? —Zara Yost
• Ten women of title design—one of whom worked at Digital Kitchen, Chicago? —Sue Kwong
• About the Indian bride who walked out of her wedding ceremony after she discovered the groom couldn't solve a simple math problem? —Aimee Levitt