- AP Photo/Las Vegas News Bureau, Steve Spatafore
- "This could be our year / Took a long time to come"
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the copilot of the doomed Germanwings flight appears to have deliberately crashed the plane into the French Alps? —Gwynedd Stuart
• That you should stop using Facebook if you're concerned about government surveillance? —Mick Dumke
• About the oddly comforting text app Invisible Boyfriend? —Aimee Levitt
• About the nominees for the Man Booker International Prize, which include novelists from Libya, Lebanon, Argentina, Hungary, and Congo? —Kate Schmidt
• About all the ways this year really will be different for the Cubs and won't end in disappointment and sadness like all the other years? —Aimee Levitt
• Also that Cubs pitcher Edwin Jackson blamed Google maps for why he showed up late for a spring training game (and then got rocked)? —Mick Dumke
• Slim Thug in the New York Times on his experiences with the real estate market? —Drew Hunt
• David Cronenberg on how Kafka influenced The Fly? —Tal Rosenberg
• The story of how Van Morrison wrote Astral Weeks? —Tal Rosenberg
• This theory that the Barenaked Ladies' "One Week" is about murder? —Brianna Wellen