- Al Freni/Getty Images
- Have you checked on your pet rock recently?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That under its new "religious freedom" law, the state of Indiana signed off on paperwork creating the First Church of Cannabis? —Mick Dumke
• About the results of Nigeria's presidential election, which marks the first time in the nation's history that a sitting leader was replaced through democratic means? —Ben Sachs
• About Gary Dahl, inventor of the Pet Rock, who died last week? —John Dunlevy
• About a safe house in northern Tanzania that offers refuge to girls seeking to avoid female genital mutilation, which is illegal but still widely practiced, especially during the biannual "cutting season"? —Kate Schmidt
• That young people aren't having sex? —Drew Hunt
• Chris Lehmann on his experience at Yahoo News and how it reflects a pervasive, sneakily destructive mindset at media companies? —Tal Rosenberg
• That baseball games take forever? —Drew Hunt