- Jim Watson/Getty Images
- Aaron Schock is being investigated by a federal grand jury.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About the Justice Department and Drug Enforcement Administration's operation from 1992 to 2013 to "gather data on Americans in bulk, sweeping up records of telephone calls made by millions of U.S. citizens regardless of whether they were suspected of a crime"? —John Dunlevy
• How a man e-mailed himself out of prison? —Sue Kwong
• That Aaron Schock, an up-and-coming Illinois congressman until resigning last month, is now being investigated by a federal grand jury? —Mick Dumke
• About Hillary Clinton's meddlesome brothers? —Drew Hunt
• This ode to the pencil? —Aimee Levitt
• About "surprise-album" fatigue? —Drew Hunt
• About why we can smell rain? —Sue Kwong
• The triumphant return of Tom and Lorenzo's Mad Style Mad Men clothing analysis? —Aimee Levitt
• About the belief that ignoring food cravings during pregnancy causes birthmarks? —Brianna Wellen