Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the death knell for "lakefront liberals" tolled not in the recent mayoral election but about 30 years ago? (Nor were the lakefront liberals that liberal, Whet Moser points out.) —Steve Bogira
• That Aaron Hernandez has been sentenced to life in prison without parole? —Drew Hunt
• That the worst job to have in 2015 is "newspaper reporter"? —J.R. Jones
• That Politico will be offering a Chicago newsletter in the near future, part of the company's plan to expand to local markets? —Tal Rosenberg
• Why almonds are such an issue in climate change? —Drew Hunt
• Or listen to Michael Bierut and Jessica Helfand discuss how designers have to approach the concept of death—whether it is 'just another design challenge'—and the color blue? —Sue Kwong
• Some secrets of the Chicago suburbs? —Tal Rosenberg
• This rundown of Yelp reviews of the Tamale Guy? —Aimee Levitt
• Jazz Showcase owner Joe Segal, 88, on the $25,0000 NEA's Jazz Masters Fellowship he'll be honored for at Lincoln Center on Monday? (Scroll down.) —Kate Schmidt
• That Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry made 77 straight three-pointers during a team practice session?