- Courtesy Wikimedia Commons
- Ben Carson, the neurosurgeon who actually thinks homosexuality is a choice, announced he's running for president.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That poor children who grow up in some cities and towns have far better chances of escaping poverty than similar poor children elsewhere? (Cook County is among the worst counties in the nation for income mobility for poor families.) —Steve Bogira
• About the amazing lineup of fringe candidates running for the GOP nomination for president? —Mick Dumke
• About a Milwaukee prosecutor who's trying to reduce the mass incarceration of African-Americans? —Tal Rosenberg
• That Chicago actress Erin Myers died on Saturday? And so, this morning, did Russ Tutterow, longtime artistic director of Chicago Dramatists? —Tony Adler
• That "natural living" has jumped the shark? —Drew Hunt
• About the decline of the love song? —Sue Kwong
• How the Onion is growing into a media empire? —Tal Rosenberg
• That this weird bike that just raised $973,764 on a $50,000 Kickstarter goal? —Sue Kwong
• That Vice Media is on track to make a billion dollars in revenue this year? —Tal Rosenberg