- The Mad Men finale was the real thing.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• P.J. O'Rourke's review of the new book Weed the People? ("There is a good book to be written about the effects of marijuana legalization," but this one is a "baggie of a tome full or stems and seeds.") —Steve Bogira
• About the controversy surrounding the German government's plan to rebuild the Prussian royal palace, which East German communists bulldozed in 1952? —Ben Sachs
• The Columbia Journalism Review's withering critique of how the media have reacted to Seymour Hersh's Bin Laden scoop? —J.R. Jones
• This story about wildlife in New York City? —Tony Adler
• A few of the best recaps of last night's Mad Men series finale? —Aimee Levitt
• About flakka, a new synthetic drug that's running amok in—you guessed it—Florida? —Drew Hunt
• About the female artists we should have known years ago? —Deanna Isaacs
• About why saffron threads are so expensive? —Sue Kwong