- Michael Buholzer/Getty Images
- Sepp Blatter is also the name of a minor character in the next Star Wars movie.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About convincing the GOP to get behind paid leave? —Drew Hunt
• That newly reelected FIFA president Sepp Blatter yesterday announced his intention to resign—and that he is reportedly under investigation by U.S. authorities? —John Dunlevy
• How French police have been cracking down on Uber? —Evin Billington
• That Will Ferrell and Kristin Wiig's Lifetime movie, A Deadly Adoption, airs June 20? —Brianna Wellen
• About visions of robots in art and history, from Homer to films like Ex Machina and Her? —Drew Hunt
• Martha Bayne's interview with her college boyfriend Jon Fine, former Bitch Magnet guitarist and author of Your Band Sucks: What I Saw at Indie Rock’s Failed Revolution (But Can No Longer Hear), about "about the challenges of memoir, about Oberlin politics and Midwestern landscapes, and about long-lost loves for long-lost bands"? (John Dugan also interviewed Fine for the Reader.) —John Dunlevy
• That Pedialyte, the baby medicine and popular remedy for hangovers, actually does nothing to cure hangovers? —Evin Billington
• That the world's tallest cow has died? —Brianna Wellen