- Ian Gavan/Getty Images
- Irvine Welsh would like to talk to you about real estate.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Kalief Browder, the young man who spent three years at Rikers Island without trial, has committed suicide? —Drew Hunt
• About why it's so easy for prosecutors to keep blacks off juries? —Steve Bogira
• This very long, but very good essay about the pitfalls of digital journalism? —Aimee Levitt
• That most libertarians are men? —Drew Hunt
• Trainspotting author and Chicago resident Irvine Welsh on writing and investing in real estate? —Mick Dumke
• How our Internet speak translates around the world? —Sue Kwong
• That Fun Home, the Broadway musical based on Alison Bechdel's classic graphic novel, won the Tony Award for best new musical as well as four others, including best score? (Jeanine Tesori and Lisa Kron are the first female duo to win in the latter category.) —Kate Schmidt
• This great obit for Chicago's most famous Quiz Kid, Ruth Duskin Feldman? —Deanna Isaacs
• That the Melvins' Buzz Osborne says that 90 percent of the Kurt Cobain doc Montage of Heck is bullshit? —Gwynedd Stuart