- Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- So the Subway guy might be in big trouble.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Subway spokeman Jared Fogle's home was raided by federal agents under suspicion of child pornography? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the Reddit brouhaha? —Drew Hunt
• About economic disparities between the Women's World Cup and men's tournaments? —John Dunlevy
• About the New Jersey resident who was sued by his township government for making a freedom of information request? —Mick Dumke
• New York mag's Jonathan Chait on the party of the Jackson versus the party of Obama, whose reading plausibly casts Andrew Jackson as the founder of the modern Republican Party? —Kate Schmidt
• About Chicago's rooftop-farming boom? —Tal Rosenberg
• About Tokyo's response to the rise of "guerilla rainstorms"? —Ben Sachs
• About the guy in Florida who bilked his friends out of thousands of dollars for a kidney transplant he allegedly didn't need? —Gwynedd Stuart
• About the audience member at a Broadway show who tried to charge his phone using an onstage outlet? —Tony Adler
• That this guy in Canada tied 100 helium balloons to his lawn chair and actually took flight, but is now being charged for mischief? —Tyler Daswick