Alex Brandon/AP Photos
Is the Popemobile low emission?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read
• How Groupon, headquartered in Chicago, will be cutting 1,100 jobs
? —Sue Kwong
• About Cotard's syndrome
, the psychiatric condition that convinces you that you are the walking dead? —Mike Sula
• That a scientist says having to start work before 10 AM is the equivalent of torture
? —Julia Thiel
• This essay
that suggests Donald Trump's ridiculous presidential run is actually saving our democracy? —Ryan Smith
• About the pope's speech on climate change
, given in front of 15,000 people on the lawn of the White House this morning at the welcoming ceremony for his visit to the U.S.? ("To use a telling phrase of the Reverend Martin Luther King, we can say that we have defaulted on a promissory note and now is the time to honor it.") —Kate Schmidt
• That season two of Serial
will focus on Bowe Bergdahl, the Army sergeant captured by the Taliban and held prisoner for five years after inexplicably leaving his base in Afghanistan? —Brianna Wellen
• That a federal judge has ruled
the song "Happy Birthday to You" is in the public domain? —John Dunlevy
• That Yogi Berra died?