SUN-TIMES PRINT COLLECTION
Conrad Black believed Richard Nixon when he said he wasn't a crook.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read
• About New York Public Library Labs
, which is not only undertaking the digitization of the library's collections but developing things like the NYC Space-Time Directory
, a "searchable atlas of New York City’s past stitched together from the pages of old maps"? —Kate Schmidt
• About this $1.7 billion proposal
to build a ridiculously posh NFL stadium in the Los Angeles area that features a premium lounge with a 175-foot retractable glass wall, 22,500 square feet of exterior video boards, and valet parking inside
the stadium? —Ryan Smith
• About the Ohio production of Katori Hall's The Mountaintop
, in which a white actor played Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
at half the performances? —Tony Adler
• Conrad Black defending Richard Nixon
against Bob Woodward over Watergate? —Michael Miner
• An interview with Eric Weisbard about a book he coedited, The Spin Alternative Record Guide
, which is one of the best music-writing books ever? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the woman who got thrown out of a performance
of the musical The Bodyguard
for singing along—"loudly and badly"? —Tony Adler