Let's just give Spike Lee a break until Chi-Raq is actually released, OK?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read
• That black players at the University of Missouri are warning, "No justice, no football"
? —Steve Bogira
• About Obama's social media team
? —Brianna Wellen
• About the evolution of the New Jersey Italian accent
(or why "capicola" is pronounced "gabagool")? —Aimee Levitt
• How poetry
is doing better on the Internet? —Sue Kwong
• That we've reached "peak pointlessness"
with criticisms of Spike Lee's unreleased film, Chi-Raq
? —Leor Galil
• About what it's like to drive Alaska's desolate and lonely 400-mile-long Dalton Highway
? —Kevin Warwick
• How Norwegians are able to enjoy long winters
? —Sue Kwong
• That a Christian evangelist is fighting the "War on Christmas" by whipping up an anti-Starbucks campaign
for taking "Merry Christmas" off their red cups? —Ryan Smith