To create this issue, we sought photographs that express what it looks and feels like to live in Chicago in 2010. Some were submitted during the year to our Flickr pool (flickr.com/groups/chicagoreader). Others came in response to our call for entries. Some portray memorable events (the Air & Water Show). Others record small moments that went largely unnoticed (a woman battling a headwind as she crosses the Columbus Drive bridge). One of the photographers whose work is published here will win a new camera from Central Camera in a random drawing to be held in the new year.
- Art Institute of Chicago, June 11 / Matt Vanderzalm
- Cabrini-Green, October 3 / John Crouch
- Filming of Transformers 3 on Wacker between Wabash and State, July 25 / Brian Bonenberger
- Columbus Drive Bridge, July 5 / Brian Bonenberger
- Near Kinzie & Kingsbury, March 26 / Patrick O'Neil
- Chicago Air & Water Show, August 14 / Robert Boake