by Mike Sula
• The Trib interviews actress Lesley Nicol, aka Mrs. Patmore, on the Downton Abbey kitchen
• Team USA sorta tanked, taking seventh place at the Bocuse d'Or in Lyon, Grub Street reports.
• Matt Kirouac breaks down blood orange season at the Local Beat
• Auditions to replace Alpana Singh on Check, Please! are now open.
• City Council "second banana" Ed Burke attracted the withering gaze of Reason as "the staunchest elected opponent of food freedom in America whose name you’ve never heard." (via Grub Street)