At 5 PM Saturday, March 21, Governor J.B. Pritzker's COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8, aka the Stay at Home order, took effect. Here's a daily-ish journal of how Reader staff, our friends, family—and our pets—are spending our time.
Day 11: March 31
What we’re reading:
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
- “Santi is a vision of Afropop’s Future” (The Fader)
What We’re Listening to:
- FANTI podcast
- Netflix’s Con Todo podcast
- Trina’s The One
What We’re Watching:
- The Circle Brazil (much, much better than the U.S. version)
- They’ve Gotta Have Us documentary
- MTV Shuga (If anyone has the post-season 4 plug, email email@example.com!)
- The Bold Type
- Elite on Netflix
- Aka everything!
What We’re Playing:
- Words for iMessage: Having fun and keeping tabs on family at the same time.
What We’re Cooking:
- Chocolate cookies with pecans and caramel
What We’re Exercising:
- Fiyah-fit’s Afro Caribbean dance classes