At 5 PM Saturday, March 21, Governor J.B. Pritzker's COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8, aka the Stay at Home order, took effect. Here's a daily-ish journal of how Reader staff, our friends, family—and our pets—are spending our time.
Day 70: May 29
What we’re listening to:
- Ricky Skaags, “Highway 40 Blues” because I grew up alongside Highway 40.
- Ryo Kawasaki Juice to relax
What we’re reading:
- “In It Not to Win It: Indie Game Designers Queer Time, Space, and Play” by Nina St. Pierre (Bitch)
- Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera (thanks to a random Instagram book club initiative)
- “Turning Yoopanese” by Ted Kleine in the Reader because I just traveled to the U.P. for a few days and I’m now a Yooper by choice, thank you very much.
- Courtesy S. Nicole Lane
What we’re watching:
- Leather Archives & Museum’s Leather Legacies, which I will be part of on June 11.
- The biosphere documentary Spaceship Earth on Hulu
- Biodome for Reader research
- Win the Wilderness on Netflix in which six couples compete to win a handmade three-story cabin in remote Alaska (actually really heartwarming and special!)
What we’re doing:
- Planning our next hiking excursion this weekend to Wisconsin
- Megan Convey’s Vinyasa yoga session on Healthy Hood Chi
- Making a hook and latch rug v